Wellington’s big steampunk weekend is rapidly gathering momentum. Or building steam, to purloin an Abney Park title.
To reiterate the programme for the weekend:
- Thursday 20 November (8pm): Steampunk cocktails at the Hawthorn Lounge, 82 Tory Street – no bookings; just arrive in your glory. It’s not easy to find, but email Capital! Steampunk if you get lost
- Friday 21 November (7.30pm): Shakespeare’s The Tempest at the Gryphon Theatre, 22 Ghuznee Street. Book soon; details here
- Saturday 22 November (10am – 4.30pm): Aethercon Steampunk Convention
- Saturday 22 November (8pm – late): Aethercon Ball
- Sunday 23 November (11am): The Hunting of the Snark – a non-strenuous stroll round the Botanic Gardens to the accompaniment of Lewis Carroll’s wonderful nonsense ‘agony in eight fits’, read by Capital! Steampunk members. No bookings; meet at the top of the Cable Car and we’ll go from there, probably ending up at the Rose Garden tearooms for a spot of luncheon (the scones are excellent). Note: this one is weather-dependent, but we should know on the Saturday if it’s likely to go ahead
You can sleep on Monday …